Apply to be an ArtLifting Artist
OUR APPLICATION IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED DUE TO HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS
We plan to begin reviewing new applications again after August 1, 2017.
You are welcome to still submit your application to be reviewed after that point or to submit your application after this date. If you apply, we will keep your application on file. Please feel free to follow up in August. We apologize for the inconvenience.
ArtLifting’s mission is to empower artists living with homelessness or disability through the celebration and sale of their art.
We consider the following in reviewing artist applications:
The Art: Will ArtLifting’s online platform be helpful to the artist to sell and market artwork?
- ArtLifting currently offers increased sales opportunities for artists creating two-dimensional artwork (painting, drawing, photography, mixed media, or digital art) that can be sold as originals or reproduced as prints on paper, canvas, or other products.
- Unfortunately we are not able to accept three dimensional, sculptural or craft submissions that are unable to be reproduced.
- Our curation team reviews all artwork to determine appropriate fit for ArtLifting’s platform and various sales channels including sales of originals, prints, products, and corporate opportunities.
The Artist: Does the applicant meet the criteria to participate?
- At least 18 years of age
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S.
Must meet at least one of the following criteria:
Experience with homelessness**
- If currently homeless: Artist will need to provide documentation of current participation in shelter or outreach services
- If formerly homeless and part of supportive re-housing program artist will need documentation from this program
Artist currently lives with a diagnosed disability**
This can include: Mental Illness, Neurological or Psychiatric Disability, Developmental Disability or Physical Disability
- This can be verified by a state or federal agency or by submitting ArtLifting Verification of Disability Form completed by a licensed medical professional.
- Experience with homelessness**
**Artist will need to provide documentation after formal ArtLifting acceptance
Begin by registering so that you can access your application later