Apply to be an ArtLifting Artist
ArtLifting is currently accepting applications from artists living in the following locations:
If you currently live in one of the listed locations, please review the following, Application Criteria and Steps to Apply. Please check back at a later date if you live outside of the listed locations and are interested in applying.
ArtLifting’s mission is to empower artists living with homelessness or disability through the celebration and sale of their art.
We consider the following in reviewing artist applications:
The Art: Will ArtLifting’s platform benefit the artist and is the artwork a fit for the Corporate Art Market?
When artists are applying to ArtLifting, the curation team considers not only the talent and skill present in the body of work submitted but also how it will be received by the Corporate Art Market. The following are ArtLifting’s requirements for artwork submissions:
- Artwork is finished in nature, not a sketch, underdrawing, or study.
- Artwork is saleable on our platform, meaning it will translate to prints, products, licensing, and will fit corporate settings.
- Artwork is not offensive, copyrighted, or against our company values. This would entail depictions of excessive violence that can be disturbing in nature, sexually explicit content, or drug use or references to illegal drug use.
- Artwork is original (not copied from another artist), creative, and adequately unique from works already available on our platform.
- Artwork has visually interesting and appealing composition, scale, color, line, texture, movement, and/or dimensionality.
- Artwork preferably does not have a written title included in the composition (titles can be written on the back) but does have an artist signature.
- Artwork can be reproduced at a large scale.
- If selling originals, Artwork is in a salable state (undamaged in any way).
- ArtLifting currently only accepts 2-dimensional work (painting, drawing, photography, mixed media, or digital art).
The Artist: Does the applicant meet the criteria to participate?
All applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have authorization to work in the U.S. In addition artists must meet at least one of the following criteria at the time of joining the platform:
- Artist is currently homeless (or recovering from past homelessness)
- Artist currently lives with a diagnosed disability (including: Mental Illness, Neurological or Psychiatric Disability, Developmental Disability or Physical Disability)
- Artist is a Veteran of the United States Military with Disability Determination
When an artist is accepted onto the ArtLifting platform, he, she, or they will be asked to provide documentation that he, she or they meet these criteria.
It is recommended that artists are also connected with appropriate supports (as needed and relevant) in addition to ArtLifting’s services. ArtLifting is a platform to connect artists with art sales opportunities and does not provide social service support including: art therapy, case management, housing support, supported employment or vocational services, medical support or referrals, etc.
Steps to Apply
- If you meet our application criteria, please email email@example.com with the following subject line: New Artist Application.
- In the initial email please include some basic information about yourself. Information like where you live, how you qualify for ArtLifting (impacted by homelessness, living with a disability, or are a veteran with a disability determination).
- You will be sent a fillable pdf application to complete and submit with your digital portfolio.
- Set aside 30-45 minutes to complete the application in its entirety.
- The written portion of the application is very important. It helps the curation team to better understand each artist's story, experience, and unique art process. Please take your time in filling it out.
- Digital Portfolio Guidelines: Your portfolio must be submitted digitally at this time. We cannot accept physical artwork submissions.
- The images do not need to be high-resolution, images taken with your cell phone are accepted. Do not crop out any part of the artwork, use adequate lighting, and include the artwork’s title and medium.
- Submit 10-30 images of currently available artwork only.
- Once you are ready to submit the application and digital portfolio, email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be sent a Google Drive link to upload your digital portfolio. A confirmation email will be sent when we have received your application and digital portfolio.
- You will be notified of our Curation Team’s decision within two weeks of submitting your application. Please note, we may request additional information regarding your artwork or personal history so we can make an informed decision.
- ArtLifting’s Application & Curation Teams understand the amount of time and effort you put into your application. While only digital submission will be reviewed, we are willing to provide reasonable accommodations when requested.